2/05/2015

I think I'm the un-funniest (is that even a word?) person I know. Like, I don't have a funny bone in my body. I can joke around with good friends and laugh a lot when I'm relaxed but just don't ask me to try to deliberately make anyone laugh. It's a nightmare for me. I can't do it.

I remember once I was at my good friend's wedding and she asked me to take part of a play there and I just couldn't say no to the bride. The play was obviously suppose to make people laugh. Naturally it turned out to be one of the most embarrassing moments in my life, I still can't get over it. It's not only that I failed to be funny but in the middle of the play I stumbled upon something and I slipped and grabbed a big sunshade we were using (it was an out-door wedding) and that sunshade almost fell over. I created quite a mess really. And my mum thought it was infinitely amusing - that the only funny moment I managed to create was the moment I wasn't even trying to be funny. It's kind of sad now that I think about it, lol!

But today I think I actually said (or rather wrote) something that could be classified as funny.

The thing is that I'm part of a board for our church's monthly magazine in Estonia. Which means that before publishing the magazine the head editor sends its content to me and two other members of the board (the conference president and the conference secretary) for reading. And then we read and make comments and sometimes argue and in few cases even decide not to publish some articles. Anyway, my job today was to read February's magazine and then comment on it. And after I had done it the conference secretary called me and asked me to add a few comments which he had thought of but couldn't post for some reason. And one of those comments had to do with a map of Estonia that went with one of the news. It was a map showing different districts and it was done using light colors for different areas, yellow, pink, green, etc. But the thing is that only the covers of the magazine are colorful when they come from printing house, the rest of it is just black and white. So I wrote to the editor and the conference president and the secretary an email and said that they should use other ways of distinguishing the areas on the map because in the end the colors won't show anyway and by sticking to these light colors "we only end up with fifty shades of grey".

I actually laughed out loud when I sent that email.

Now I'm waiting for the conference to fire me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment