2/03/2015

Although it doesn't feel that way, when I think about it there's still a fine balance between good and bad stuff in life. Obviously the bad seems to dominate at the moment. It's been hard to accept my church elder's death, it's tough to prepare to preach to my people this coming weekend, it's hard to think about the funeral, and it's actually creepy to pass the carpentry workroom in the church basement.

But then again...

On Sunday I booked my tickets for my spring visit to Newbold and there was a lot of relief and gladness in my doing it. Maybe I've never felt so emotional booking plane tickets before. And maybe I've never needed a get-away trip as much as I need it now. Who knows.

In any case I'm really excited about this. But it won't be a 'put your feet up and do nothing' kind of week. Although it counts as an official vacation, it will be a rather busy time for me. I've promised to speak at The Experience (ah, my baby!), I've been in touch with Dr A. N. and we've decided about the location of our next date - the National Gallery this time (I think it's a respectable continuation for our outings in the British Museum and Oxford's Ashmolean Museum), a weekend trip seems likely (playing dominoes!), maybe even a musical in London (it's just so heartwarming when you have a friend who has taken it to be their mission to open your eyes to the beauty of life because, obviously, if you haven't seen a musical you haven't lived, lol). And then on the 14th of April - the diversity lecture in Newbold. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's such a privilege and I feel very honored - even more so now that I know I'm the first one they've ever invited to speak from abroad. And on the other hand my good friends insecurities have a merry party and I'm seeing nightmares about embarrassing myself in front of the whole academic staff. Ah no, I'll be just fine. Life would be dull without a little risk and excitement.

But I'm back to work again, that's enough blogging for now. I need to keep a balance at my work place too.

Eight days until my first homiletics class, and counting. :)

"You can maintain your balance, poise and sense of security only as you're moving forward." Maxwell Maltz

No comments:

Post a Comment