1/14/2015

There have been a few things that have made me happy over the past week or so. If you don't mind, I'd like to share them with you.

So. It makes me happy...

... when I hear my senior pastor whistle or sing in his office. His work load is insane, he's having to do both the job of a local pastor and of a conference president all at once. Sometimes I get really worried about him. So it's good to hear him sing the most random songs (it was Jingle Bells just the other day), it assures me he's still well and cheerful.

... when I receive a message from someone from my little Six Word Memoirs Whatsapp group. Me and a few friends are trying to capture important (or not so important) moments in life and write them down in six simple words. It makes me childishly happy when I wake up in the morning and see someone's six word text.

... when I get an email from Dr A. N. with her giving me some tips for teaching.

... when I think about Newbold and April.

... when, after going through a serious 'I'm really not the right person to teach SDA history' phase, I still pick up my courage and find myself teaching. And magic happens when I face my students and words just flow freely and once again I fall in love with academia and teaching.

... when J. wakes up so early that it's almost in the middle of the night just to call and pray with me because I don't dare to go teach without a prayer.

... when I have just enough time to go to a bookshop and treat myself with a new book after my 3 hour marathon of teaching and before getting on a bus back home. The Book Thief. :)

... when I visit an elderly church member who remembers my mum from forty years ago and when she thinks I'm just like her.

That's a lot of stuff to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment