1/20/2015

I started with my homiletics course preparation yesterday and I have to admit it all looks rather funny. This is how it looks like - I sit at the big desk in my office, I re-read Ron Mac-Millan's Explosive Preaching, I write some bullet points in my notes, then my mind sort of goes wandering and I picture all my students sitting on the other side of my big desk, and I get really excited explaining stuff (the necessity of SNDT or something like this) to my imaginary students to the point of gesturing and waving my hands.

Alone.

In my office.

I'm either losing my mind or I was made to teach homiletics. Lol!

--

Other than that it's work and gym and reading. It sounds really boring but it's kind of nice too. I had one of the longest days at work this past Saturday. I spoke at both worship services (morning and evening one) and some conversations needed to happen as well. So the day ended with me climbing the stairs back to my appartment at 10pm sharp. And the only thought that crossed my mind was, oh my, I've turned into my dad. All my childhood I saw him coming back from church late on Saturday evenings because there were services and board meetings and tough conversations to be held. We never thought too much about it as we were busy minding our own business and mum was busy keeping the food warm for him. And suddenly I'm the one being so late. I didn't even eat, it was too late for that. Only brushed my teeth. Crazy.

--

Oh, I want to share an awesome TED Talk with you. It's only ten minutes long but man, he's got some good stuff in there. It's John Lloyd and An Inventory of the Invisible. I've watched it a few times and every time it puts a big smile on my face. Especially the ending - it's like a good sermon, ending with a punchline.

No comments:

Post a Comment