1/09/2015

Days go by and I'm keeping myself busy but I can't decide whether there's nothing happening in my life or there's a lot happening in my life at the moment. Go figure.

I'll have my first teaching appointment next week - a three hour class. Things have turned out in a way I didn't quite expect which means that I've been asked to take over part of a course which deals with SDA theology and history. I can't even remember whether I shared it or not last autumn but this semester I'll be teaching a group of Adventists who study in Tartu Theological Seminary of Estonian Baptist Church. Homiletics course I had agreed to take on but this SDA history thing is a new and recent development - which means that I've spent most of my week trying to figure out the difference between Lutheran and Wesleyan doctrine of salvation, and Miller's rules of interpretation of the Scriptures. No wonder I'm always dead tired by the evening, lol!

I go to gym every other day. It seems to have turned into a serious addiction.

I just finished reading another one of (dashingly handsome) W. D.'s books - Return of a King: The Battle for Afghanistan. It's a massive book beast which tells the story of British failed invasion to Afghanistan in the middle of 19th century. Honestly, I hadn't read a book more frustrating than this one in a long while. I mean, it's a terrific book but the history it describes is absolutely terrible. The amount of imperialistic arrogance and human stupidity and military inadequacy it describes is just disarming and baffling. (sorry, Brits) It will take me a while to calm down and recover. Oh. And when I had finished the book and took my frustration to Twitter, (dashingly handsome) W. D. himself favourited and retweeted all my tweets about his book. I know it's a tiny thing in this big world but it's still a big thing in my tiny world. :)

And when all is said and done and read, I watch an episode of Inspector Lewis in the evening. Mostly because it's been filmed in Oxford. And well, Oxford's my current secret crush. Don't tell anyone.

--

But L. reminded me that I haven't posted any music yet. So. Here's a beautiful song I like to listen to every now and then (and then about 5 times in a row) - The Brilliance and their Christ Be With Me.

2 comments:

  1. In my little world I feel pretty special that my initial made it into your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, isn't it funny, Laura, how the smallest of things can look so big to us. ;)

    ReplyDelete