9/14/2014

Sometimes I think that church members would see their pastors in a whole different light if they knew their Sabbath morning routines. It would actually be a really good experiment - to have some hidden cameras in their homes and see what pastors do early in the morning before heading to church. I wonder what their church members would think. :P

My morning was pretty hectic yesterday. It was my first Sabbath in Tallinn's church and man, I was n-e-r-v-o-u-s. I was up early, sitting on my bed and reading Psalm 23 to myself over and over again (and missing U. with whom we used to read that Psalm to each other when either of us got up to preach). And then about nine I would pace from my bedroom to kitchen and back, with Hillsong shouting in the corner. A nervous wreck. Would any congregation take such a pastor seriously? Haha, I doubt.

But I found out one thing that made me really glad yesterday - as soon as I get up to preach, I calm down. Even yesterday morning when I faced a congregation with only a handful of familiar people sitting in the pews, I calmed down. Nothing from my early morning anxiety was left. I think I really like preaching. It does me good.

And now starts the hard work of getting to know this church and its members. Phew, it'll sure take a while.

--

Today I saw autumn. We worked hard for the whole day in our summer cottage with our family and by the end of the day we had a bit more than 130 litres of fresh apple juice made. I think we're ready for the winter now. Absolutely. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment