9/10/2014

My first attempt to conquer Tallinn failed miserably. I managed to stay in town for two and a half days, then I was done with it haha! I sat on a bus and went to Pärnu. For the better part of Friday night and Saturday morning I just sat on the beach, doing nothing. Recovering. It felt really good. Yes, me and sea are good friends, we like each other.

And then - Tartu. :) We recorded the first monthly video program of the new season on Saturday evening so I was actually obligated to go there. I thought about the program later and I came to the conclusion that it's just about as good as things can get for me: I can go to Tartu, I can see my good friends who produce that program, I get a tv make-up, and then I get to talk about theology in front of cameras. Blissful! And it was a good stay in every other sense as well. I sat again in my favourite cafes and I picked mushrooms with my cousin, we had the pastors monthly meeting and I went jogging three days in a row. It was almost like a relaxing vacation after my initial Tallinn shock. Sweet.

But now I'm back to Tallinn and very much determined to make my second stay a little longer than the first one. :P I've driven around the city with my dad the whole day today and now I'm a proud owner of some new cupboards and an electric stove. Plus my church elder - bless his heart! - had bought me a new desk and a curtain-rod while I was gone. (I almost teared up when he called me this morning and told me that he's got my back - and it wasn't only because of the desk that I got emotional. It's a long and complicated story and I can't share it publicly but what I can say is that these words came from a man from whom I would have never ever expected it. Some very strange and yet beautiful things are happening around me and maybe just a little bit because of me. Redemption. Forgiveness. Reconciliation. The pure Kingdom stuff, that is.) So things are improving, they really are. It will take a long time before this place is even remotely cosy but it's getting better. Next things on my to-do list: get some curtains and a carpet.

And now I sit behind my (new!) desk and listen to Damien Marley who tells me that "Jah told you in His own words, 'I'll see you through'". And I kinda believe him.

Plus my brother just called and invited me over for dinner tomorrow evening. Yup, He'll see us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment