9/17/2014

Someone nominated me on Facebook to share five things I'm thankful for. I didn't feel like doing it on my FB wall but I really don't mind doing it here. So here are the things I am grateful for today.

1. My aunt and her family. She's been constantly inviting me over to their place since I moved to Tallinn and I've managed to go there at least once every week. Last night when we were done with late supper and even later evening walk and got ready to go to sleep, she gave me a toothbrush. So that I wouldn't have to take mine with me every time I go there. I don't know, they say that having a toothbrush at someone's place pretty much equals to moving in. So I guess I've moved in now. :) I'm very touched and grateful for her kindness. And it was interesting to notice yesterday how our relationship has started to change - it has become less of a 'how are you' and 'oh, little Mervi, haven't you grown since we last met' thing and much more of an equal relationship between two adults. When two of us headed out for a walk last night, she was like, "It feels really good to have another woman in the house sometimes." She has three sons haha so I guess she enjoys hanging out with me just as much as I enjoy getting away from the city centre and spending time with her and hers. Good stuff!

2. I've been reunited with my tea kettle and my favourite cup. My life quality has improved enormously. :P

3. My graduation gift from my dad has arrived. That's something I'm thankful for. You will never guess what he got me... A pile of books. Shocking, I know. :P Now I'm a proud owner of some new books by N. T. Wright, Eugene Peterson, Frederick Buechner, Anne Lamott, Cornel West, Shane Claiborne, and Michael Card. I have no free time in the evenings for a long while now, thank you very much.

4. I'm thankful for living so close to Tallinn's Old Town. I'm totally NOT grateful for that when the rock club (or more like a heavy metal club) just across the street from our church decides to enrich my musical world until midnight every Friday evening. But rest of the time, it's actually not so bad. Tallinn's Old Town is a bit of a wonderland. You should check it out if you happen to be in the area.


5. And I'm thankful for Google Maps. It's a great help for topographical idiots like me. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment