3/11/2014

No matter how many good singers there are out there, sometimes I still get surprised and goosebumped by the amount of sheer talent that's given to someone. Lianne La Havas is one of those young singers who's been given so much I can hardly get my head around it.

Lianne La Havas, Lost And Found.

--

So I touched down in UK on Sunday afternoon. It feels nice to be back on Newbold campus, really-really nice. It only takes a few things to make me feel like home here - things like sitting in Dr J. B.'s office and talking about the current situation of the worldwide Adventist church, smelling the distinctive library smell, or sitting in a pub with B. and U. and talking about existential matters (truth be told, they did all the talking, I was too tired after a long day of traveling). These are the things which I've done many times over my Newbold years. I'm thankful for the opportunity to do them once more.

And the spring gets me all excited! I went to Bracknell yesterday to buy new running shoes as I left my old sweaty ones home. I ended up buying not only shoes but also the new sportswear. I'm not sure I actually needed everything but the guy at Sports Direct sounded like the world was coming to an end if I ever dared to go jogging without professional running SOCKS again. So I had to buy those, too. I don't want anything bad to happen to the world, you know. In any case, I'm all equipped and ready for the English spring now!

No comments:

Post a Comment