3/13/2014

Habits are hard to drop. Not that it's anything new to me but sometimes I honestly get surprised by their power, how they can have a grip on you. And what's been my main habit in Newbold throughout the past years? To be in the library at 9am. You wouldn't believe, after just two days on campus I find myself walking to the library in the morning. I seem not to be able to drop that habit so easily after all. Smelling the same stuffy library air again. Opening my Paper's file again. Going through my supervisor's comments (I've done things more fun than this). Looking for the right books. Thinking about how to conclude my Paper. Looking at the word count again after every 20 minutes.

One could think that it's a boring way to live. But seriously speaking, I could do with some boredom right now. By going to the library every day I get a sense of normality and stability in my life that hasn't been there for many months. I feel like a normal person again. I feel like a person who's got something to look forward to, something to finish and to accomplish. And that's a big step forward for me.

--

Spring is here!

Glowin'.

Ah, that tree in front of the library!

Foggy England.

No comments:

Post a Comment