3/20/2014

I think for a week or so I'll be all over the place with my dissertation. I can't help myself. Just bear with me.

Yesterday morning I got my supervisor's comments on my concluding chapter. And his main comment was that my conclusion looked like a sermon. A what? Haha, first of all I was all ready to get offended but then I saw the funny side of it. He meant it as a critique of my writing not being academic enough but man, if he knew me a little bit better and if he knew how I mean business when it comes to homiletics (and maybe even more so in the future, but this is a different story altogether), he wouldn't have used such wording. He was seriously running a risk of me taking it as a compliment! So I sat in the library's silent room and tried very hard not to laugh out loud. This sure was the first time his comment made me laugh.

And then by the afternoon I sent him the full draft. From the cover page to bibliography. And once again got his comments back. I didn't read them very attentively yesterday but just by a quick look and rough estimation it seems like I've got one day's work left to do on my thesis. ONE DAY'S WORK. So I'm hoping to get my Paper proofread (bless you, L.!) and printed next week. I'm not sure I ever thought I'd see this day.

--

Other than the thesis, life is bumpy. There was this moment last night when I had to talk to myself (don't ask), and for some reason I kept telling myself about desert. I think I'm in a desert. And desert is a serious place.

No comments:

Post a Comment