8/13/2013

Tuesday's Tune

I always feel terribly sorry for Bobby McFerrin when people say something like 'Oh, he's that Don't Worry, Be Happy guy'. No. No. No. He's not that Don't Worry, Be Happy guy (although that's an awesome song too), to me he's one of the most talented musicians ever. He's got loads and loads of incredible, positive, versatile, sparkling music. (I need to get my hands on his last album where he sings spirituals together with Esperanza Spalding) Today's tune is one of my all times favourite - Bobby's Common Threads. It has been my meditation music for a long time now. I've done a lot of Scripture reading and praying and crying with this song being on the background. And well, these are the times of Scripture reading and praying and crying for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment