8/11/2013

I've always longed for good friends. I know it has roots in my childhood when we had to move due to my dad's job. And when you tell a 13-year-old kid that she has to leave all her friends behind in school and music school and church and neighborhood - all the girls she's close to and all the boys she fancies - and move to another place where she doesn't know anyone, then it pretty much feels like the end of the world. And thus there has always been a quiet and often subconscious prayer in my heart to find new friends and true friends. And the fact is - this prayer has been answered. Like, abundantly. God has always blessed me with awesome friends. And it makes my heart so very happy.

We're going through some real hard times with our family right now. My mom is very very sick and we don't know if she will recover or not. And suddenly I've realised again how rich I am when it comes to friends. I have people sending me texts and writing me messages, letting me know they're there, praying and hoping with us. I have people inviting me over for tea and chat, I have people who let me cry on their shoulder. And well, I have M. J. who booked the first ticket she could find and who's flying over in two days time from Asia just to be here with me. For she said there's no chance she would let me face this tragedy alone. Gosh, I didn't know people like this even existed!

So if you should happen to be in Tallinn's airport around Wednesday afternoon, there's a good chance you'll see two hugging and crying girls - a statue for true and selfless friendship.

I'm that lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mervi, I don't have words.

    Here's my tiny contribution to the friend campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JQX25fnDGE

    Love and prayers being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura! : )

    Please pray for us, that's all we ask.

    ReplyDelete