7/23/2013

Tuesday's Tune

I'm off to preach at our church's senior members' camp meeting today. I've had some seriously busy days after getting back from the youth camp meeting, preparing for a new sermon and stuff. As I wrote the sermon, a piece of music was my constant companion. So there's an abrupt change in the style of music - today's tune is Ennio Morricone's piece Gabriel's Oboe. I think Morricone is one of the most brilliant composer of movie soundtracks - I mean, we all know his immortal soundtrack for The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, right - and that little piece from the movie The Mission is one of the most beautiful melodies I've ever heard. Wow, a whole bunch of superlatives in that sentence. In any case, the first time I heard that piece - it was the best Estonian oboist who played it - I fell in love with it. And I'm still in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment