7/21/2013

I know I have to get use to preaching regularly as it will soon become one of my weekly obligations. Sometimes I think I'll be alright but there are also days when the thought of preaching a new sermon every weekend is a rather scary thought. Today is one of those days. I mean, I preached yesterday morning and I'm still smashed! There's no way I can afford spending so much of my energy on preaching in the future.

But the youth camp meeting and the preaching experience itself was a good one. The sermon prep process is always long and laborious, it took me the whole week to prepare myself emotionally and spiritually for that sermon. But in the end it was all good - and I'm not talking about the quality of the sermon itself for I'm the last person to evaluate it, but I'm talking about this big and beautiful realisation that hit me when I stood in front of these young people - I had so much love in my heart for all of them that I knew it had to be God who was present and speaking.

It's just that I'm the one who has to deal with the consequences later, haha. With headache and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment