5/21/2013

It's interesting for me to see how differently I relate to my parents after being gone from home for almost three years. Back in the days I took them for granted, like every kid does. I didn't have a conscious image of them as persons, they were just my mom and dad. Now, being back, I realise that things are different. I'm much much more aware of their personalities, their stories, their feelings, they are not just mom and dad, they are people who have managed to live good lives, who have lived out their Christian calling, a couple who has a fulfilling and happy marriage and who has succeeded as parents. They're strong and wise and fun. And I treasure the moments when I can take a walk on the beach with my mom with her trying to convince me not to go swimming alone (lol!) or when I can hear my dad playing the same tune on the piano for a half a day (happened just yesterday) because he needs to get this new piece on the paper for a composition contest. They're actually cool people. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you've learned something that many people learn when it's already too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I sure have learned something very very valuable.

    ReplyDelete