12/09/2015

Christmas time is approaching. For about a week or so I've been listening to Christmas music when in the gym - it's a bizarre experience to cycle uphill, sweat dripping, and to listen to Josh Groban sing "Glooooooooooria, in excelsis Deo" at the same time. Rather bizarre. I don't know how I would feel about it if I were Josh Groban.

And yesterday I took most of the day off (I worked very hard the whole weekend so I had every right to do so) and got my Christmas shopping and card writing and parcel sending done. Now I refuse to go to another shopping centre until the new year as they are becoming increasingly unpleasant and crowded places.

Our conference's students have their monthly school days from today until Friday in Tartu and they have the Seminary's Christmas party tomorrow evening. So as a dutiful leader of the conference's educational department I feel a strong need to go to Tartu and attend the party and represent our conference. It's all purely professional, of course. The fact that I also intend to visit my cousin's family and eat in Werner Cafe is of no importance whatsoever.

I've received my first Christmas gifts already. Last Tuesday I attended a women pastors meeting turned into Newbold reunion in Copenhagen and I came back home from Denmark with more than one nicely wrapped packages. The other ones I've opened already but the one my dear S. gave me is waiting for the Christmas Eve. It's a small red box with white polka dots, it's sitting on my closet and it makes me smile every time I happen to see it. And then yesterday evening my brother K. called me and he came over with a big package. I had told him some time ago that my bread toaster had died. So he brought me a brand new one. "Merry Christmas" he said and left. Some awesomeness, I say!

And in a weird way I made myself a gift last weekend as well. We had another Bible School Weekend and this time I got to do what I love the most - I got to lecture the whole weekend and teach our church members about preaching. It was very intense and by Sunday afternoon my brain hurt from thinking, my throat hurt from speaking and my feet hurt from standing but I was happy and content. It's a topic very close to my heart and it's a pure joy to help other church members to become better speakers as well. Merry Christmas to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment