11/26/2015

I represent our church in the theological committee of the Estonian Council of Churches. And attending their meetings is one of the most bizarre things I've had to do so far in pastoral ministry. I mean, it's not bad bizarre, it's just bizarre. Today we had another meeting in Tartu, we sat half the day around a long table in a dim room with dark curtains and discussed theology. All the other members of the committee are men and most of them are, well, rather elderly. The committee is putting together a short book about communion and how all the different denominations understand it. There are many Latin and Greek words used and church history discussed around that table I am completely clueless about, and the best part is when the Orthodox theologian speaks. Then we get some old Slavic in there too. So the best I can do is to be very quiet and look smart. It has worked so far.

It matched my mood well, to sit in that gloomy room. Because it would have been my mum's birthday today, a happy day. Well, a happy day it wasn't. When I got home, tired and sad already, I received bad news upon bad news upon bad news. It was a terrible evening. And it's just so frustrating to know that the only person I want to call right now and talk about these things with isn't picking up her phone...

I did receive one bit of good news today as well, I admit. Someone from the national television wrote me and asked me to participate in their Christian program. In three episodes, to be precise. I have no idea where they got my email address from, I suspect these kind of things only work through personal recommendations. In any case, the lady was very nice and polite and told me about the topics and recording times. And she added that from one interview/reflection (apparently I can choose whether just to talk myself or have questions asked) which takes 20 minutes to shoot they're actually going to use a clip that's about 1 minute long. Hahaha, that, I would say, is a very modest entry to the world of television! But I'm cool with this one minute because I get to see what the inside of television looks like. We have shot many videos in our conference, both live and recorded ones, depending on the format of the program, but this is different. This is the national television. So as I've seem to have decided to work myself to death anyway, I'm gladly accepting the invitation.

Do I get a real tv make up then? (The most important questions obviously come first.)

As to music, this song has been on repeat these couple of days - Foy Vance's Be The Song. I don't understand any of these words but maybe it's that kind of a song. You don't need to understand the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment