5/07/2015

I don't know what has happened since I got back from Newbold three weeks ago but life has become so ridiculously busy I don't even have time to catch my breath and write here. It's kind of sad really. Because when I stop writing, at one point I start forgetting.

Last week I should have written about how I attended the theological committee of Estonian Council of Churches and spent a day with a bunch of old men from every possible denomination, discussing... well, theology. I didn't wear my pink blazer. But I liked it nevertheless. And I've really gotten used to being the only girl in the company.

And then I should have written about having an awesome birthday cake baked last weekend for my birthday (which actually isn't until next week) and eating it with good friends on a sunny and lazy Sunday morning. Bliss.

And I also should have talked about another one of Dr A. N.'s brilliant books I finished a few days ago (Chaim Potok's My Name Is Asher Lev. A genius book. Which forces the reader to think about tough life questions but which also made me realise I know next to nothing about Jews and Judaism).

And then I should have written about having turned into a sort of consultant of educational affairs to the conference. Over the last week or so my senior pastor has asked me to take over some projects concerning education. Which has made me very glad. And which promises even more and longer lecturing hours next academic year (whoop whoop!).

And I also should have written about not having time to do things properly which has led to some rather ridiculous attempts of doing things in unnatural contexts. For example, there was a point late yesterday evening when I was on the bus back to Tallinn after some important negotiations with the principle of the Baptist seminary when someone was watching a Russian soap opera without headphones just next to me (?!?!), and I was attempting to write my PhD proposal. Dear heavens. Some things ought to be done in the quietness of a book smelling library.

And I also should have written about a couple of guys who come to my office every now and then for Greek tutorials. Just this morning I got to wave my hands and talk about the Greek verb paradigm. Stuff like this makes me very happy somewhere deep inside.

All these things I should have written about.

But I'm trying to do better this coming weekend. I just dug my camera out of my closet so I intend to be armed with it the whole weekend. Maybe I'll even catch a moment or two with it. Because S. and J. are getting on a plane tomorrow morning in order to come over and help me cope with the fact that I'm turning old next week.

But none of it is complaining really. Because, you know, as John Mayer says, "the heart of life is good".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment