10/08/2014

Listening to India Arie's Beautiful this week. Someone reminded me yesterday that nothing's certain in life. And that's a tough pill to swallow, especially for someone like me who's working hard to create at least an illusion of certainty. So I'm not certain (ha!) but I still have a feeling that one day I'll pack my suitcase again and go. And on that sweet day I'll listen to India Arie again. Because it's a song for people who journey.

The time is right
I'm gonna pack my bags
And take that journey down the road
Cause over the mountain
I see the bright sun shining
And I want to live inside the glow

Reading Anne Lamott's Traveling Mercies.

Thinking about my friends who are far away.

Asking God for some certainty. He doesn't seem to care too much about it.

Drinking tea. It rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment