7/01/2014

Maybe I should stop posting music and start posting quotes every Tuesday for a year. I kinda like this idea. In any case, today I do both. Here's a quote from a German theologian Helmut Thielicke, a quote from one of his sermons. [A footnote - I'm digging myself into homiletics these days. That's why the sermon.]

"My life is too fashioned and guided by the same hands that beckoned the stars and the flowers at the world's dawning and make the day and the night... If a thousand years in his sight are but as yesterday, then in his eyes even my little cares will weigh no less than the immensities of Sirius; then for him the tiny stretches of my daily journey, for which I ask his blessing, are just as important as the light years that measure the reaches of cosmic space."

Epic.

Today's song is Joel Ansett's Waterfall. Thanks for the song recommendation, N.!

No comments:

Post a Comment