6/24/2014

It's the Midsummer which is kind of a big deal in this part of the world. Bank holiday and everything. As my senior pastor (bless him!) is quite strict about not working on bank holidays (unless in case of emergencies, of course), I've been able to come to Pärnu for a few days. I'm glad I could come here, especially because it was 6 months from my mum's passing yesterday so it's good I get to spend some time with my dad and by myself, not having to see anyone else.

Every time I come here, I get into a holiday mood. I play my violin and listen to music a lot louder than usual, I bake bread and go out for walks every day. It has almost become a ritual - to go to the seaside as soon as I arrive. It's like I have to check whether the sea is still in the place it ought to be. Yes, I'm a bit of a control freak. :P

And yes, the sea is exactly where it's suppose to be.

It is there!
A view to enjoy.
Even clouds and trees are big and tough on the seaside.
The colours!
A lonely duck.
A breakwater.
As to today's music, here a song that always makes me happy - Free Design and their Love You. It's one of those songs which doesn't make much sense and yet makes perfect sense. I heard it in a car commercial a few years ago and liked it enough to find it on Youtube (although I did feel quite stupid googling words 'Toyota ad music' haha!)

Run through the meadow and scare up the milking cows
Run down the beach kicking clouds of sand
Walk a windy weather day, feel your face blow away
Stop and listen: Love you


Happy Midsummer!

2 comments:

  1. esimesel ja teisel pildil on miraaž peale jäänud (ülemine miraaž), objektid nagu hõljuksid horisondi kohal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, mis, päriselt vä? :) Aga võib-olla tõesti, ma ju seda teadust ei tunne.

    ReplyDelete