3/27/2014


It's people who fascinate me the most. Friends. Good people.

For example. Me and B. had lunch in the caf the other day and we happened to have a conversation about life and death with someone who came and sat with us. It all started well but at one point I noticed that both of us were getting really quiet, me because I was sad and him because he was getting mad. It wasn't a major thing, it's just that we realised how differently we understood life and ministry compared to our friend who sincerely believed in 'we don't have time to mourn the ones who've passed because there are so many people who know nothing about Jesus' theology. We didn't agree. And that's fine. After the lunch we went back to EGW centre with B. and we talked about it. I sat in the armchair in the far corner of the room but B. couldn't even sit, he walked back and forth and waved his arms and expressed his frustration and in a sense poured his heart out. And I just watched him and thought - it's quite a small thing to feel sad about something that someone said (especially knowing that I don't see things from the perspective of Truth either) but it's a major thing to have a good friend getting angry FOR you. I was touched and impressed. Like, deeply.

Or Dr M. P. I had a very concise appointment with him yesterday. In two hours he shared so much of his knowledge I felt like I was taking a super short and super intensive course in ethics. So cool. We also discussed church and teaching and calling and all that. I think he pretty much told me everything he knew about everything haha.

And then Dr A. N. Not only that I sat in her office for 1,5 hours today, I will also have a proper nerd date with her in a bit more than a week's time. Like a whole day. London, two exhibitions in the British Museum, Foyles bookshop and all. OH, DEAR HEAVENS!

How have I deserved all these people?

No comments:

Post a Comment