12/24/2013

My dear mum passed away early yesterday morning. I hadn't slept well that night, I was unconsciously waiting for THAT phone call from the hospital all night. And it came early in the morning. By the time we got dressed, ran to our car, hurried to the hospital, and made our way to her 6th floor hospital room, she was already gone. She had died just a few minutes earlier. As soon as I saw her face I knew that the breath of life had left her. Only dust remained. She was gone.

I don't really know what to say. There's this enormous amount of sadness and emptiness in me. But on the other hand I'm also glad that God let her pass to her rest. The last week was almost unbearable, just because she was suffering so terribly. She's not suffering any longer, she doesn't have those terrible pains any more. She gets some sleep now.

Another name was added to the Book of Life yesterday. She lost the battle but will win the war.

I told God He needs to be my Mother now.

No comments:

Post a Comment