12/16/2013

I came home for Christmas yesterday. Or maybe I should say - I just came home yesterday. There's no Christmas in sight. Not for us. Not this time.

I'm writing this, sitting on my mum's bed in the hospital in Pärnu. Something has gone very very wrong so she's been in the hospital for a week now, in a terrible state. For all we know, she might go and rest in peace soon.

I've got nothing to say. My prayer yesterday night was, Dear God, if possible, give us some Christmas, even just little bit would do. But I don't think there will be any for us this year. His silence doesn't even make me raise my eyebrows any more.

--

This past weekend was my last in Tartu church. It was nice, I preached my last sermons, they gave me a bouquet of flowers and waved me goodbye. I should start working in Rakvere from January. Hypothetically, that is. For nothing is certain any more.

MJ will come tomorrow. Our Christmas trip - the one we were SO excited about - won't happen, we canceled the plane tickets last week. But at least she's coming to Estonia. That counts for something, too.

--

There was one bright moment yesterday morning when we had some sibling bonding time in our favourite Tartu cafe before I caught a bus to Pärnu. I like my brothers, they're guys after my own heart. And maybe that was our Christmas.

Fooling around.
Why, K., why?

No comments:

Post a Comment