11/19/2013

Tuesday's Tune

Although I have a pretty good excuse for not posting a song last Tuesday - no Internet connection, no laptop, and a long day at a conference far from home - still I want to apologise. I hope it won't happen again.

But today's song is dedicated to all my beautiful ladies out there. It's Griffin House - oh, what a sweetheart! - with his song The Guy That Says Goodbye To You Is Out Of His Mind. The title speaks for itself. And the video is cool, too. Kind of minimalistic. Enjoy, ladies!

--

So I spent last week in Montenegro, a tiny little country on the coast of the Mediterranean. I had received an invite to attend our Division's Secularism and Postmodernism Conference with about 150 awesome people. It was great. I mean, to listen to academics and practicians from all over the world, and to hang out with friends old and new, to enjoy the service and luxury of a proper 5* hotel, to think of your ministry and to hear others talking about theirs - it's a good way to spend one's week, trust me. T. summed it up brilliantly, he said it was like going to Heaven - everything is so beautiful and nice around you, and then you meet your friends you had no idea would be there, and you're like, hey, what are you doing here, and then you suddenly think, but hey, what AM I doing here? Haha! Anyway, someone somewhere thought we should be there, and that was a reason good enough to go.

And yes, our president T. W. was there with his wife. He sat just in front of me so I had plenty of time to stare at his neck and think about how I felt about the whole business. And how I felt about him. Because the truth is I've got some church members being nasty and mean to me because they feel the president backs them up and shares their view in certain questions. So it's kind of personal. But then I thought about what Jesus would say, and well, I know what He would say. He'd pull out His "if you love those who love you, what reward will you get?" thingy (Jesus is terribly annoying sometimes). And I knew I had to put aside some hurt and some hard feelings and... well, be a Christian. As simple as that. And I tried my best. I went and had a short conversation with the guy the last evening, and it turned out to be such a nice and uplifting conversation. The difference in views was still there, but we prioritised some other topics, and in the end he prayed for me and my ministry, and I almost had a tear in my eye when I left.

I think Jesus won.

1 comment: