11/20/2013

So the Mission Story thingy. I only found out recently that my story had made its way to the worldwide church's mission stories. And it was last week in Montenegro where one of my friends spotted it on adventistmission.org page and showed it to me. That was the first time I could read it. And I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. Truth be told, I'm still a little puzzled. Because the story as it was written down seems to me way more dramatic that the real life. But the thing that puzzles me the most is that all the facts in that story were true. So maybe, I'm thinking by myself, my story actually is a bit more dramatic and extraordinary than I've thought of it so far. Go figure.

In any case, it was really cool last weekend when friends from all over the world started reporting about hearing my story. I didn't go to church myself - don't tell anyone, I sneaked out to go to Global Leadership Summit - but based on these reports there are faithful churches in Brazil and US and England and Scotland where mission stories are still read. Good to know.

And I've received about 15 friends request on Facebook this last weekend. From strangers. I'm really not sure what to do with them so I have ignored them so far. If you know a good reason why I should accept them, do let me know.

And the coolest thing is that someone sent me this video. My story. In Portugese. With pictures. I was totally blown away when I saw that whoever made it had actually done some googling. They've got two pictures of Tallinn's old town in there. One picture of me at the Experience, and - the biggest surprise - two photos of Tartu uni's main building. How on earth they guessed that it was Tartu uni that I went to I really don't know because the story never mentioned it. It must be a coincident, otherwise I'd freak out. Here you go, take a look!

2 comments: