10/16/2013

I was really upset last week when I realised that my work schedule wouldn't let me go visit my parents on any other day but Wednesday. The thing was that my mum had yet another chemo shot on Wednesday morning. And I knew a tough scene would wait for me at home, and that I couldn't do anything else but to sit on her bed side and see her suffer. And so it was. For one rebellious moment when my daugther's instinct kicked in I thought I'd just show the world my middle finger, leave all other obligations in my church and in Newbold, turn off my phone, and not leave her side until she has recovered.

But I had to leave home anyway. This time it was only dad who could walk me to the bus station and wave me goodbye...

But I came to Newbold a few days later. MJ greeted me in the airport with a massive bouquet of flowers and took me to our favourite Asian restaurant in Reading. And I've seen my brothers Q. and B. again, my dear friend A-K. is here from Norway, the sweetest girl L. is helping me in every way she can, and there are other beautiful people who seem to have so much love for me, love that I've never really deserved. Plus I can go and sit in every single office in Murdoch Hall and talk to any of my lecturers, and they all speak life and encouragement into my heart and are truly concerned about my well-being and ministry.

And all the time there are some words of Jesus that just keep coming back to me these days, 'I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property.' And it's all coming true, for there's absolutely no other reason I have left my family behind than the Good News and Jesus. But He's fulfilling His promise right in front of my eyes - He has truly given me another family here in Newbold. I'v received a hundredfold for everything I've had to leave behind. It doesn't take away the heartache but it sure balances it with joy and love and grace. And thus I have all the reasons in the world to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment