9/30/2013

Tuesdays' Tune

If I remember it correctly then October should be the Black History Month in England. Which gives us a perfect reason to go black for a month. Hah, I like that! And I don't know any better song to start this month with than Esperanza Spalding's amazing Black Gold. Watch the whole video, I'm embarrassed to admit but after watching it I had to google names like Salif Keita, Miriam Makeba, and Fela Kuti, and educate myself.

--

Life is very quiet at the moment. Very busy and yet unbelievably quiet. The quiet season in my life continues.

I called my parents last Friday evening, after I had come back to Tartu. And my dad said that it was as if the sun had come out for two days when I was home cleaning and cooking and singing and well, just being there. And it made me realise that it's not only me who needs them but that they might need me now just as much, if not even more. It gives me this deep satisfying and comforting feeling to know that it's not a one way street but this love and need for each other is very much mutual.

I've said yes to do the morning devotional minutes for the national radio station again. It's the third time in three years. It gives me a whole load of extra work to do - seven mini sermons, to be exact - but I couldn't say no. There were about 90 people to hear me preach last Sabbath but for all I know, there might be 90 000 to hear the morning devotionals from the radio each morning. Which means that I just have to find time to prepare so that I could tell them about Jesus.

And then I'm reading Seven Deadly Sins of Women in Leadership. Haha, thanks for the copy, S., very much appreciated!

13 days until I touch down in England again. Late in the evenings I lay on my bed, listen to music, and think of Newbold. I think it's called love.

No comments:

Post a Comment