9/02/2013

Tuesday's Tune

I noticed an interesting phenomenon a few days ago - I've almost stopped listening to music. It's very strange because usually I listen to a lot of stuff, all the time. Music is just essential to my existence. But I guess it's a time of silence in my life now. I don't know how else to explain it.

So there are only very few handpicked songs that make it to the soundtrack of my life right now. That Bobby McFerrin's song which I posted a few weeks ago is one of them. The other one is Ben Taylor's version of By Your Side. It's really Sade's song but for some strange reason the original version has never spoken to me the way this cover has. There are evenings when the last thing I do before going to sleep is to listen to this song. I don't know if it was written as a spiritual song - and honestly, I don't care - but for me it's very much spiritual. I've heard God's voice speaking to me through that song. There are mornings and noons and late evenings when I just need to hear Him telling me,

You think I'd leave your side, baby
You know me better than that
Think I'd leave you down on your knees
I wouldn't do that

No comments:

Post a Comment