9/04/2013

The birdwatcher. My dad.



There are some people we don't feel very safe with. And then there are the other kind of people with whom we feel very safe. My dad certainly belongs to the latter category. I realise it every time we go to the woods to pick berries or mushrooms.

The thing is that I'm a topographic idiot - I only need about 200 meters to get lost in the woods (so don't ever trust me when I say I know the right way, unless it's one of my hometowns I'm talking about). Like seriously. Once I got lost on my way from a lake to parking lot after a swim, and it couldn't have been more than 200 meters between those two. But my dad has proven to be a topographic genius (one of his traits I haven't inherited) and with him I can run around woods for hours and hours, never having to worry whether he'll get us out of the woods and whether he'll find our car or not. Just like yesterday. We got the whole family to the nearby forest and while others picked berries, I went on a mushroom hunt with my dad. We were all over the place, walking backwards and forward, in circles, kilometers away from our car. And not even once I got a worrying thought in my head. I knew he knew the way, even though I didn't have a slightest clue where we were. And of course he didn't let me down - after our two hour hunt and after a bucket full of mushrooms we walked straight back to our car. As usual.

Talking about trust.

I should write a sermon about it.

--

Other than that - my mom has been scheduled her first chemotherapy session. It will be a long and hard fight. But she fights and we fight with her. And if God fights for us, we'll win.

No comments:

Post a Comment