9/12/2013

I have mixed feelings when I think of my weekend in Newbold. I feel like I was constantly torn, trying to spend time with everyone, sneaking out to see my dear friends. The conference was really nice, don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure my heart was always where my body was. There was always someone on my mind, someone I wanted to talk a little longer, someone I felt I couldn't spend as much time with as I wanted. Oh well, I'll be back in mid October and then I'll have time for longer walks and longer conversations. And for more tea. :)

There was one thing though that truly made this weekend a weekend to remember. One memory that will shine the brightest in my soul. It was completely unplanned (as the best things in life often are), almost like a coincident. I sat down with four ladies, with four beautiful and faithful and strong ladies I very much look up to. And although I really hadn't planned it, a dam broke down in me and suddenly all the hurt and pain and all the injustice recently done to me poured out. They listened to me in complete silence, they couldn't believe the things I was telling them. And I kept talking and talking and I hold nothing back because I couldn't any longer. I wept like I hadn't done for quite some time, and they wept with me. And then they put their hands on me and prayed for me and pleaded God on my behalf, and they anointed me with their tears and ordained me with their hands and blessings. And it was the most beautiful moment I could imagine.

Thus I was ordained. For this what the ordination is for me - sending someone on their way and to their ministry with love and encouragement and authority, acknowledging their calling, their gifts and their uniqueness.

And if this is the only ordination I will ever receive, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment