8/18/2013

Shoebox Presents

Our first shoebox presents. They were worth taking a nice picture of them.

Sorting and packing. Location: my bed.
It was a few weeks ago when I got a phone call from a journalist who works for a big Estonian newspaper. She had noticed our Shoebox Presents' project somewhere and was interested in more detailed information. So I told her about how the idea came from Newbold and how I wanted to do a similar project here in Estonia. Two days later a very nice and positive article was published in that newspaper. And well, after that things got serious. Every single day for the last two weeks I've got emails and messages from people I don't know, wanting to join our project. Of course, come and join us, I tell them, let's make the first school day of these kids happier and better. Let's spread love.

The only bad thing is that I've completely lost control over what's happening and over the list of people who want to join us and who've already given their present. The pile of presents in Tartu's church seems to get bigger daily. But I'm not even worried about the mess, in a week's time we'll sit down with friends and count the presents and sort them out and praise God for His goodness. Yes. And we want to do it all over again next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment