8/04/2013

I know it sounds terribly morbid but I really like cemeteries. I've always liked them. I remember some years ago I visited one of the little Estonian islands and wanted to go for a walk in the old local cemetery but my best friend refused to go with me, she thought it was a sick idea. I understand why people rather didn't go there but for me a cemetery has always been a symbol of peace and quietness.

Over the last couple of weeks I've found my way to the old cemetery here in Pärnu. I've needed a place that could remind me that whatever it is I'm going through or however permanent some things seem to be, that they, too, shall pass soon. It has helped me to put some things back in their right place and not to give them too much of my time and energy.

Today I took my camera with me. It felt kind of strange to take pictures in a cemetery but it didn't look like anyone minded.

An old iron fence

Oh, how I wish I could read this!

All night, all day, angel's watchin' over me, my Lord.

A begonia

Mother Mary

One living soul

A summer evening

2 comments:

  1. I love cemeteries too! When I went to Paris, I spent the whole day in one:) And I used to walk in cemetery with my first boyfriend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I guess I'm not the most morbid person in the world then. :P

    ReplyDelete