7/15/2013


Good ideas must spread. Over the past few years I've learned about ADRA's shoebox appeal and seen the shoebox mountains in Newbold church around Christmas time. Last December when I was home for the break I decided to start the same kind of project here in Estonia. But as the next Christmas seemed too far, me and my best friend here decided we'd start a project to collect school supplies for kids in need and that we'd deliver them by the beginning of a new school year on the 1st of September. So I wrote a project and started the whole planning process. By May we had found a sponsor, had designed the webpage and other ads and were ready to make it public. And we did.

Good ideas seem to be spreading indeed. Last Friday I gave a short interview to the national radio station, someone there noticed and picked up our project for all Estonia to know. That was already a second radio interview I gave over the last months, the other one was for Estonian Christian radio station. Plus I've been asked to write an article about it to a magazine and a webpage. More people know about our project than we dared to dream when we started. Now it's our task to pray that people would feel a desire in their hearts to join our charity project. Beautiful things happen to those who believe. Indeed, indeed.

Here's our Shoebox Presents webpage - www.kingakarbikingitused.ee Well, it's all in Estonian. Sorry for that, haha.

I've already got some heavy shoeboxes filled with all kinds of goodies on my shelf. The feeling of awe and pure joy hits me every time I see them there. It's such a beautiful thing to be able to spread goodness and love in this world.

God is good. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment