6/07/2013

Last few days I waited eagerly for a package to arrive from Paris. And this morning it was finally delivered to my door. Oh, it wasn't just any package, it was The Package - I don't think anything else could have made me jump for joy like this one did! A dear friend sent me a camera - now I'm a proud user of Nikon D-40 with two lenses, 18-55mm and 70-300mm. I knew I couldn't afford a camera myself but someone has heard the quiet wish in my heart. Another dream has come true.

This means that this blog will be flooded with photos soon.

Last week my mom reminded me about something I had completely forgotten - my maternal grandpa was a professional photographer. It was way back in the old days I don't know much about but I do know that he used to work in a photo studio. I went through mom's old photo boxes the other day and found a handful of studio shots of my mom and her siblings. Plus one Christmas card. Mom claims that postcards made of grandad's photos were manufactured and used nation wide, and that they often got Christmas cards from their friends and relatives with his photos. But apparently they've got lost somehow, at least my mom doesn't know where they are. So I've taken it as my summer mission to find out what happened to my grandad's photos - there's a good chance they might have been given to some museum. Maybe, just maybe I can find them and take a look at them and pay tribute to my grandad whom I barely remember. It's like a whole chapter of family history has suddenly become alive to me.

And I really-really hope there's still a drop of his blood in my veins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment