6/26/2013


Every man's actions
belong to he
if prepared for thereafter
to each his destiny
some people believe
and some people know
some people deceive
and some people show

You must do the heaviest
so many shall do none
you have got to stand firm
so many shall run
some they rest their head at night
some get no sleep at all
if you listen close to what you see
you will hear the call 

Jah work
Jah work
Jah work is never done

[Ben Harper, Jah Work]

I talked to a Brazilian friend yesterday. P. has been on the streets lately as well, protesting against injustice and corruption. And there is a lot of hope and some confusion and clearly some fear in the air. Nobody really knows what these protests will lead to. I know there are all kinds of forces at work, and very different motives and intentions, but deep down I believe (and now I borrow some words from pastor Bell) that God is there, too, leading and calling and inviting and drawing and pulling these people (and all of mankind, for that matter) into greater love and joy and justice and equality and peace. Something big and beautiful is happening and God is right in the middle of it.

So in my heart I'm with them, with my Brazilian friends. May God spread out His mighty hands and protect and bless you all. Stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment