11/02/2015

It did turn out to be one of the best and most refreshing vacations in my life. I'm very grateful for it because I really needed a good break. Here's what I did:

- I slept. The sleeping problem seems to be overcome now.
- I read. Dr A. N. had brought me wonderful books from England, and one especially I liked. An Albanian writer Ismail Kadare's book Chronicle in Stone, WWII memories through the eyes of a child. I found it difficult to put down that book, I almost read it in one go. It's amazing there are people who are able to write prose as if it was poetry.
- I faithfully went swimming every day. Well, you can't call it swimming really, it was more like an in-and-out-jump, lasting for a solid 5 seconds. The weather was getting gradually colder so the last morning I actually had to break the ice before I could jump in.
- I walked to the closest grocery store about 4km from my place.
- I heated the sauna every second evening. By that time it was all dark outside so skinny dipping might or might not have happened.
- I talked to God. I thought I desperately needed some answers from Him, and I didn't get any. But I got peace instead. And of course peace was what I needed the most, not answers.
- I cooked.
- I shared the lake with beautiful white swans and the house with not so beautiful mice. I thought we could easily share the house and not get in each other's way but the illusion was shattered one evening when I came from sauna and was only a moment away from stepping on a big fat mouse who had decided to die right in the middle of the bathroom. I didn't scream *proud* but I did utter a whole lotta words I never use in public *not proud*.
- I watched the fire place and the lake. I could do that for a long time.
- I spoke with some friends who cared to call me and ask about my decision to leave the civilisation.

That's pretty much all I did. Oh, and I did take some pictures.

Ready for winter birds.
Last leaves.
J. My favourite kid in the world.
Octoberswim
"Any place you love is the world to you." Oscar Wilde
Hi. My name is Mervi and I'm an M&M addict.
Fireplace and candles and tea. Every evening.
--

One more thing. The drama I mentioned two weeks ago is over now. It's amazing how much you can learn about yourself and about life in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment