5/28/2015

I talked to one of my church members yesterday who happens to be a city architect and the guy said something that I found really interesting. He said that when you move to a new town/city, it's all closed for you in the beginning. And the longer you're there and explore the place, the more this place opens itself up to you. And I agreed with him.

I think a new place has opened up to me in Tallinn. Three evenings this week I've found my feet take me to a park on the seaside just a walking distance from the city centre. It's a park which surrounds a summer palace built by Russian emperor in the beginning of the 18th century. And I knew this place before but then again, I didn't really know it. But I'm beginning to know it now. And I'm not sure whether it's just the fact that everything is growing and blossoming or it's the actual place that has enchanted me but it looks like I keep going back there. Even today. As soon as I got home after a day in Tartu (had to get the certificated translations of my BA and MA diplomas from the uni there), I changed my shoes, picked up my camera, and headed to the park. Something makes me go back there.

The 'summer cottage'
Chestnuts in full bloom. My favourite time of the year.
The beauty is in details.
Water
Everyone's out and about.
Big green
Bon voyage!
Lilac
Green haze

No comments:

Post a Comment