2/18/2015

I've never paid much attention to it but I do this year - the Lent starts today. We're 40 days from the Easter and as the tradition goes, one needs to stop eating meat until the Easter. The truth is, it coincides well with my general dietary direction. I've noticed lately that I've started to become more of a vegetarian, even a vegan. It's been a couple of weeks since I last bought butter and cheese (I replaced regular milk with almond milk even earlier) and I've been buying more vegetables and fruits. Sometimes I try to keep away from sugar but I'm not very consistent on that front - I need a good bar of chocolate before preaching haha! I hope I never become that kind of vegan who would feel a need to let everyone know about her diet all the time. I'm actually not against eating meat per se. Nor am I against dairy products per se. What I'm against is mindless consuming/eating and veganism is a great remedy for that. Just because you really have to think about what you're putting in your mouth when you're a vegan. And I like thinking. In general as well as in connection to food.

I think the best way of putting it is that I'm a part-time vegan. Yes, I like that. I totally wasn't a vegan last Sunday at my auntie's when her husband (who's from Moldova and a great cook) prepared a lunch of a feast and invited me over. And I definitely won't be a vegan when I go to Newbold and go eat in Daruchini. But on a regular day, why on earth not. :)

--

It's been ages since I posted any music. I think I've already told you about this 'wonderful' pub just across the street from my church that enriches my musical life with all kinds of rubbish. I don't know whether it's the music or the time (until 2-3am on weekends) that irritates me the most. Anyway, they've put a loudspeaker outside, they probably think it's a brilliant way of attracting tourist. I think it's just dumb. But last Saturday night when I was succeeding in ignoring the loud music outside and I was about two seconds from falling asleep, I heard the opening chords of Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud and I smiled, completely involuntarily. That's when I realised I actually liked the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment