1/01/2015

There's a saying that goes something like this - there is no bookaholics anonymous because no-one wants to quit. It might be true. In any case, I found out there were no anonymous groups for ex-bloggers either because apparently no-one wants to quit. So uhmm... I'm back. [blushing]

The funniest thing is that I almost broke down and came back two weeks after I had closed this blog. I remember it well, it was after I had spent a whole day in Oxford with Dr A. N., we had visited the Ashmolean Museum, and had raided several coffee shops and book shops, and had ended the day with evening song in Oxford's Christ Church Cathedral (and I cried just a little bit because the liturgy was so beautiful) and I just wanted so badly to share my emotions. But the next day I thought how very unrespectable it would be to quit with big words and then come back so quickly.

So I'm just hoping it's a tiny bit more respectable to quit and then start again after two months. Lol!

--

As to January 1st and all that, I don't have much to say about last year. Or maybe it's that I don't want to say much. There was a lot of death in that year. But also - surprisingly enough - a lot of life.

And I like how S. T. Eliot puts it. Maybe these are the best words one could come up with on the verge of a new year.

What we call the beginning is often the end
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from.

Happy New Year, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment