9/22/2014

I was totally sick in the end of last week. It's never nice when you have to stay in bed for couple of days - it makes you miss your people more than usual. It makes you miss your mum more than usual. And it makes you hate the empty house more than usual. But there's also this brighter side to things, as always. I got to watch more Oprah and Strange Addictions than ever before (yes, I'm educated now). I got to listen to Eva Cassidy and Emeli Sande endlessly. I got to have more entertaining conversations with my friends than usual. My brother did grocery shopping for me. My auntie kept bringing me food (way more than I needed). My church elder called me on Friday and asked me if I needed anything. And I got to switch off my brain for a few days, not having to worry about all my work and church stuff. So in a sense it was actually a mini-vacation. If only this terrible headache hadn't been my constant companion...

I'm back to office now. Things are better. But I can't tell you how much I miss a real vacation. It's like all I can think about. The end of October... Ah, just one more month to go. :)

This week's song. Today we're paying tribute to Leonard Cohen on his 80th birthday (which, in fact, was yesterday). Here's Jeff Buckley's version of his legendary Hallelujah. I get goosebumps when I listen to this version.

Oh, one more thing. I had the most awkward conversation with my church elder on Saturday evening. He told me I should get married. And that I should be careful with all that preaching and stuff because I might scare guys off like this. I won't tell you what I replied to him but I found it all highly amusing. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment