8/17/2014

We had a baptism in our church yesterday. I remember writing about the Bible studies here a few weeks ago, well, this girl was one of the first guinea pigs who had to study the Bible with a rather clueless pastor who was just trying to figure out this Bible study stuff herself. I'm very glad to announce that we both made it, haha! She made it to the baptism water and I made it to the place where I feel just a tad more confident about teaching the Bible.

The weather was absolutely horrendous yesterday. Heavy rain kept pouring during the whole baptism ceremony and just as they stepped into the river, we heard thunder. This gave the whole ceremony a kind of an apocalyptic feeling. I loved it. I wouldn't have changed a bit. I was standing there on the river side with my feet totally wet and saw another life being transformed, and I think I almost heard the cheering and clapping of the heavenly hosts. Jesus is SO winning.

When I got back home, I was so excited I didn't really know what to do with myself. I sent a photo of me and this girl to a couple of friends to share my happiness and excitement. S. called me later in the evening and he was like, 'Well done, blondie.' Lol! First I took it as a joke but for some reason I kept thinking about it also today. Because I really wish these were Jesus' words to me. I really want Him to look at me and high-five me and say, 'Well done, blondie.'

In the rain.
The most beautiful of moments.
The brave ones. Of course, the rain stopped for a photoshoot.
Truly truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment