8/26/2014

It's time to tie up loose ends in Tartu. Which means that this week is the week of all kinds of lasts for me.

I just got my last sermon for Tartu church on paper. It's a strange feeling to think of your church and try to figure out what is the most important message you could possible leave them with. I'll speak about hope and faith and love this weekend. It can hardly get bigger than that, I feel.

Last times for me to go jogging here.

I'm scheduling last tea dates with my friends.

Last Bible study on Thursday.

As I'm completely stuck with the homiletics book I'm reading right now, I might pop by the uni's library today and find myself another book. For the last time.

One thing that kind of frustrates me is the fact that I found a new little cafe here in Tartu. It's just couple of hundred meters from my church and although I had passed this place for million times, for some reason I had never gone inside. Until recently. And now it's preatty much the only place I ever go for lunch (with a book always in my bag). It's the tiniest and cosiest place in town, a family business with the husband usually behind the counter and the wife in the kitchen. The food tastes like home-cooked, and I'm not happy with having to leave this place behind. Nope, not happy at all.

But things really aren't quite as sad as they may sound. Because my time table tells me that even though I'm having to move, my job will bring me to Tartu at least twice a month, and during the spring semester when teaching starts, maybe even three times a month. So it's cool. I'm always glad to come back. :)

Donavon Frankenreiter, "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright".

No comments:

Post a Comment