5/08/2014

Coloured glass.
I've never seen so much yarn in my life.
Pearls.
I got this hand-made soft toy as a present. :)
We finished our shoe-box presents' project today. It's been really cool to do it again, especially because I was reading books in Norway and drinking tea in England when my friends collected the art supplies, haha! But seriously, everything worked perfectly without me being around. It makes me glad because I can take absolutely no credit for what happened.

A whole mountain of art supplies happened.

You should have seen my office in the church over the past two days. It looked a lot more like an handicraft workshop than a pastor's office. I got kind of tired of all that sorting and unpacking and repacking in the end. There was so much yarn and pearls and textile and glass colours and home crafts' books and coloured paper I wasn't sure we could fit it all in our car. Fortunately we did but then the car was properly packed, from the bottom to the top. I don't know, maybe there were 50 kilos of art supplies we donated today. I found it pretty impressive.

And I've found out this non-profit organisation we gave these things to is going to start a new handicraft club for the disabled people so that they could use all these things together.

As we were sitting in their office and having coffee today after unloading our car, we talked about all kinds of stuff and I asked if they had any books in Braille in the office as I had never seen (nor touched) one. The lady who had welcomed us said they did and that she actually wanted to give me one. She went away for a second and then came back with this big book in Braille. Fortunately it had a title on it in Estonian as well. The book was PAULINE LETTERS. How cool is that!!! Now I need someone to teach me to read Braille. :)

--

I've had a feeling lately I need to write this sermon. I want to write a sermon about the Kingdom of God, more specifically about the parable of the yeast. Because my guts tell me the story isn't so much about yeast's incredible power to grow but rather about its invisibility. You can't see the Kingdom, you can't really pin it down, you can't locate it on a map. But man, you can feel it when its near and real. And I had this weird feeling the whole day today about the invisible Kingdom being near. And that in some mystical way I was right in the middle of the Kingdom yeast.

The Kingdom has drawn near indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment