4/22/2014

Wednesday's Tune

I was so excited about Easter yesterday I forgot to post a song. My bad.

I haven't posted much Christian music in my blog (only Take 6, I think) as if it didn't exist. But it does exist. So I think for the next month or so I'll share with you some Christian songs that have meant a lot for me.

I have to start with Josh Garrels (people who know me well know I couldn't start with anyone else haha). I've listened to him so much over the past years it's just nuts. I think I'm Josh Garrels crazy or something. Seriously. For example - I only have one album, his Love & War & The Sea In Between on my mp3-player. Which means that I only ever listen to J. G. when I go jogging. And I go jogging a lot. You wouldn't believe but that's what actually happened last summer - I usually started my run with one of my favourite songs, with Farther Along or Beyond The Blue. And when I had done that for long enough I realised I knew exactly in which location I would be when one song ended and the other one started (one would end when I turned towards the beach, the other one would end somewhere near benches in the park, the next one when I would turn back from the river side, etc). I knew how many songs I could listen to on my 5km runway. And by the end of the summer I could tell that I had got fitter and faster because the songs changed in different places compared to spring. I really am J. G. crazy.

But my favourite song isn't from that album. I think my all time favourite is his Zion & Babylon. Sometimes I just read these lyrics. There's almost too much truth in those 4,5 minutes. Awesome.

--

Happy birthday, S., õnne ja teisi ilusaid sõnu! Thumbs up for awesome older brothers. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment