1/02/2014

From New Year's Eve.
I've been thinking about light and darkness a lot lately. Not just lately lately but for a year or so. And the more I think about it the more I realise that the whole life is a struggle between light and darkness. We Adventists like the metaphor of a 'great controversy between good and evil', I'm starting to like the metaphor of a 'great clash between light and darkness' more. In essence they are the same thing. But I like the idea of keeping your little light shining more than the idea of fighting evil forces. Sometimes we are truly powerless in the face of force majeure and evil, I've lived long enough and experienced enough to say that. But there is always a way to keep your light alive, or even let others keep it alive for you, should you break down for a moment.

I just read from our church's website that there were two congregations in Estonia who took my Shoebox Presents' idea and made Christmas presents for kids in need over the holiday season. I was surprised and humbled and touched. There were people who took the baton from me, so to speak, and carried it forward. There were people who kept shining a light when I was lost in darkness. One day there will be light in my life again and we'll make another Shoebox Presents' project happen (and I'm hoping it to happen rather sooner than later), but until I'm down, others will carry on. My heart is in peace when I think of it.

So, friends, let your light shine.

Let it shine also for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment