7/07/2013

football

I just got back from the football tournament I mentioned sometime earlier. It was such a great weekend with God and friends and sun and bonfire (with marshmallows, of course) and football. There's something very special about like-minded people taking time to enjoy each others company. Magic happens when good people get together.

Yesterday it was a full working day for me though. I had to preach two sermons. Not only the one at the football thingy but also in the church at the divine service. The guy who was supposed to preach in the church declared a complete lack of inspiration last week after he had heard that I would be there too. Sigh.

The football tournament wasn't even over yet when we already started planning the same kind of event for the next summer. Because next year we can celebrate the football by both playing it and then watching the real stuff on tv. We decided we'd have our football party that very weekend they have the finals in Brazil. And then the host of the event said, 'Well, we're hoping to get more publicity and more people next year because we'll hopefully have a new sporty youth leader in Estonia. (wink-wink)' So if they elect me as a new youth leader at the conference session in August (which is very likely to happen), I'll keep myself busy organising a football tournament for next summer hehe. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment