6/11/2013

I'm so excited about my Tuesday's Tune and there is so much awesome music out there that I need to keep myself from posting ten songs at a time. I mean, I could. But no, it's one at a time. Today's tune is another heart-melting cover, Joni Mitchell's cover - James Blake sings her A Case of You. It's hard to believe there's a man out there who's got a voice like this. Dear heavens! I hope I will never meet him in person...

--

So I finished my LOTR book marathon yesterday, now I'm on to the movie marathon. It seems that I'm developing an unhealthy interest in that story. But truth be told, it is the most beautiful tale I have ever read in my life. The third book got me constantly teared up, and it doesn't happen often that I need a box of tissues when reading a book.

And there was another revelation that hit me while reading the last book. I realised that the whole story is Aragorn's just as much as it is Frodo's. Aragorn is that quiet guy who keeps a low profile and always follows Gandalf's instructions and who barely ever lets people realise that he is the King, the heir of Isildur and the rightful lord of all the Middle-earth. He just toils and works and helps the Ring-bearer and fights for what is good and just, and the kingship doesn't seem to bother him much. And he heals, oh, he heals! His name means the Renewer, and one of the most beautiful bits of the book is when he heals people after the great battle because the old tale said that hands of the king are the hands of a healer. "At the doors of the Houses many were already gathered to see Aragorn, and they followed after him; and when at last he had supped, men came and prayed that he would heal their kinsmen or their friends whose lives were in peril through hurt and wound, or who lay under the Black Shadow. And Aragorn arose and went out, and he sent for the sons of Elrond, and together they laboured far into the night. And word went through the City: 'The King is come indeed."

Yes, the King is come indeed. And when the battle is won and the Black Shadow has vanished, the King finally claims his throne. And the moment he is being crowned, "all that beheld him gazed in silence, for it seemed to them that he was revealed to them now for the first time. Tall as the sea-kings of old, he stood above all that were near; ancient of days he seemed and yet in the flower of manhood; and wisdom sat upon his brow, and strength and healing were in his hands, and a light was about him."

What a story. What a King.

1 comment: